Pages

Tuesday 4 October 2016

A bit about me...

I don't think I ever expected to find myself studying information and library science at university, but as our recent induction and introductions to our modules have made all too clear, events in the world of information are moving at such a rapid pace it is hard to make firm predictions for even next week.

My journey to #citylis has been via a first degree in fine art, a career in arts journalism and publishing – magazines, newspapers and books – while selling the odd painting and drawing along the way. I have been volunteering at St Bride Library, just off Fleet Street, which is home to a collection covering printing, typography and graphic design, and more recently at the Stuart Hall Library at Iniva (Institute of International Visual Arts) in Shoreditch, which focuses on contemporary art from Africa, Asia, Latin America and the work of British artists from diverse cultural backgrounds.

I am, I'm sure, the oldest in our cohort (I have a daughter at university, for goodness sake), so it's great to be part of such a diverse and inclusive group. I'm looking forward to working with you all for the next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment